Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sweet Carrot Rounds

We love Asian food, ya'll know that, but I've never been a fan of Japanese food. 

A few weeks ago, we were with my husband's cousin driving home and she stopped for Japanese food. We decided to go ahead and get some as well.

OHMYGOSH it was so good! Now, it is really stir fry but the best part was the rice and carrots. We have talked about these carrots for 2-3 weeks now.

I figure, I'm smart. I can figure this out and make my own sweet carrots.

AND I DID! It was super simple and so good we had them for lunch AND supper yesterday. That's right, two times in one day.

Sweet Carrot Rounds
2 cups sliced carrots
dash salt
2 tsp butter
2 tsp brown sugar
water

In a sauce pan, place your carrots and cover them with enough water to cover. Place the lid and boil. Cook until the water is almost gone or the carrots are tender, whichever happens first. Mine happened about the same time, approximately 12 minutes.
Now drain off any water and stir in the butter. Once it has melted add the sugar and stir well. Let it sit on the burner (turned OFF) with a lid on. Stir well before serving.
Ah, sweet carrot rounds!!

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment