Friday, March 7, 2014

steak wrap with sriracha mayo PLUS March 2014 Secret Subject Swap

Out and about last week, had to get my Georgia drivers license...yes I had put it off. I didn't want to spend the money AND I wanted to keep my NC one. No such luck..anyway, driving back we found this great butcher shop!! YAY

Went and loaded up! Purchased enough meat to last 3-4 weeks for $53. Pretty good haul if you ask me. Now remember we have an empty nest, so I'm only feeding 2 adults but still cooking 2 meals a day. Breakfast is normally a smoothie for me and coffee for my husband. Lunch I eat a salad, leftovers or sometimes nothing. He has to have "food" and will eat the salad, loves the leftovers but really enjoys it when I do something special.

This super easy steak fajita wrap with sriracha mayo was just right. Super easy to fix and filling. Just what a hard working man needs. You could fix these for supper if you like.

 Now let me say, I took almost a dozen photos and they just didn't turn out well. Trust me this taste better than it looks.

Steak Fajita Wrap
2 small chuck steaks, thinly sliced
Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp
onion, sliced
peppers, sliced
tomatoes,sliced
tortilla wraps, 2 per person
white pepper
garlic powder

Season the steak and saute with a dab of oil, toss in the peppers and onions when steak is almost to your liking. Slice the tomatoes or dice and top the steak. Spread the mayo on to the tortilla, add the steak mix. I added spinach to mine, raw of course and it was delicious.
Super simple!
Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 14 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 

 Inline image 1

       
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

Baking In A Torando                          
The Momisodes                                     
Stacy sews and schools              
Follow Me Home                       
Outmanned Mommy                               
Dribbles and Grits                                
Spatulas On Parade                     
Dino Superhero Mommy                              
Someone else's genius               
More Than Cheese and Beer          
Searching for Sanity               
Rants From My Crazy Kitchen                  
Climaxed                               


I was so excited, a vacation! Man, we had not had one of these in like forever. Excited is really an understatement. I prepared for this vacation like you would a big formal affair.

Shaved, plucked, tanned, bought new shorts, a swim suit (haven't had one of these in years) pedicure...the works. Sorry if that's TMI but I did. 

Made a list of what we would be doing, seeing, where we'd go and what we'd need for each and every item on the list for each day and each person.

OCD? No just like being prepared.

Upon arrival at the Grand Hotel in Barbados, I am in awe! The view of the lobby is spectacular and I know I look like a tourist, mouth handing open, eyes big as saucers, but WOW oh WOW.

Key in hand, HOT bell hop carrying our luggage, oh YEAH this is gonna be nice.

We make it to our room and start unpacking. I am on the task. Hubby wants to go find the bar and relax. Well, I have to be organized FIRST. 

After the room is set up and I have my list in hand, we change and head down to the pool and bar.

Pool side bar, appetizers, gorgeous view...not only the water front but the gorgeous servers they have walking around half naked. OH MY...am I dreaming?

I'm all settled in a perfect spot, drink in hand, open up my nook and start to read. Ah, this is the life. My husband is sleeping in the chair beside me and I'm wondering if he will do this the entire trip. Oh never mind, I'm enjoying the view so I relax.

After awhile he decides to go wander around and will meet me at the room. No problem. Then he realizes he doesn't have his key, wallet or phone. Great...didn't I make list? Didn't I ASK you...okay fine. Here's my key. BRING it right back. He says he will and off he goes.

An hour or so later, he is not back. So I gather my things and head for the room, great...he's not there or not answering. I'm a little perturbed but okay. I'll call him. I do and hear his phone ringing from inside the room. Sheez seriously.

Now it's been several hours since we went pool side and I have to pee. Now where is he?!

I walk down the hall, bathroom is closed for cleaning. Great, go down stairs to the lobby, a long line of seniors has just arrived and they are taking up residence in the bathroom there.

Next, back out to the pool area. Oh man, I REALLY gotta go now. Nope, out of order.

Shoot. I go to the desk and ask for another key, since my dear man has taken mine and disappeared. No can do. I need ID. Well, fine,I pull out my wallet...wrong purse. I don't have it! YIKES HOW did this happen? I'm always so prepared. Dang it!

I am frantic now, gotta go, gotta go, gotta go RIGHT NOW. I'm on my way back to the room, fusing along the way, trying to call but now my phone is dead. I pass this HOT  helpful young man in the hall and ask if he can possibly open my door. 

He says he is not suppose to. I explain that my husband is gone and I need to get into the room, pllleeeeasse. Bats eyes and tries to look sexy, while having to pee like a race horse!

He leans in and I allow a little peak over the top, he kisses my cheek and opens my door, which I QUICKLY and firmly shut! I'm no fool. Lock the door and RUN to the bathroom.

AND FIND the door locked! WHAT THE FRACK...husband is in the Jacuzzi tub SLEEPING. I pee anyway and he is like WTH are you doing.

Now I'm hot, tired, frustrated and walk out, without flushing. YES I was living dangerously at this point.

To make a long story short, he apologizes, we enjoy our vacation and I carry around a tourist looking bag with EVERYTHING in it the rest of the time.


Your “Secret Subject” is:
Straits in your Bikini ~ Summer vacation, your family went on an excursion, you and your book spend some quality time at the pool. When you want to go back to your room, you realize your husband took the room key. You don't have anything on you. No money, no ID, no phone. You need to pee. You want to take a shower. What are you going to do?


It was submitted by: http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/    
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment