Friday, March 21, 2014

Pineapple Coconut Bread and Fly On The Wall- March 2014 edition

Where has the past month gone? I think I blinked and missed it. Honestly, the middle of March.

Let's see, what has happened? Life, lots of rain and some beautiful sunny days. Flowers are in bloom, the trees are budded out, pollen is in the air. Spring is officially here in South Georgia. Which means grilling, a lot, fishing even more, and watching kids play ball at the park.


Welcome to the Fly on the Wall group challenge, about what someone would see if they were a fly on the wall in your home.

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.

 Inline image 1

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:


This is my grand-daughter, known to you folks as Miss Sassy Pants. Gosh she is growing so fast! makes me sad. Now living in GA I haven't seen her since New Year's....














Top Left, me out at the park shooting photos while hubby fishes, that is the bottom middle photo.
Top middle, 2 of my 3 kitties. They love to sit and look out this window.
Top right, how my husband feels about company.

Middle row: left- my new favorite store! middle and right at my SIL house, love their place it is so gorgeous

Bottom left, fish my SIL caught while we were there. Bottom middle, hubby enjoying a sunny day at the park fishing. Bottom right, flowers at my husband's aunts house.

I received a Liebster award! You can read all about it HERE

While in Florida this past weekend with my husband and FIL, we're getting ready to leave for breakfast.
D:Are we ready?
FIL: I believe so
Me: Yep, grab my purse and start to walk out
FIL: I believe the barefoot contessa is ready
me: look down, OH SHOOT, I don't have on shoes!
everyone: laughing
I put on shoes and off we go...sheez

I've only talked with Miss Sassy once in the past month. This makes me sad and worried that she'll forget who I am. But when I did talk with her, she was like "HEY Dawn!" and sounded excited to talk with me, that made me smile all over.

Little Man keeps us cracking up. He is now doing the "coffee dance" when coffee and milk and mixed into a juice cup and shook up, he dances around. Too funny. No bashing, it's not my child, and yes he drinks coffee, decaf.

Last weekend was the Wild Chicken Festival...very interesting. I'll do a post about the chickens later, as they deserve their own post.

Pineapple Coconut Bread
1 1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup butter, room temp unsalted
1 1/2 cup flour (I used a whole grain baking blend)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup tagatose (you can use sugar)
3 eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 cups crushed pineapple with juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 heaping TBSP More Fiber Baking Blend (if you do not have this you can omit)

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan and  prepare mix. In a mixing bowl blend your butter, eggs and sugar or tagatose. Beat in the yogurt and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Once blended, add the pineapple and 1 cup of the coconut. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup on top.
Bake for 60 minutes. The first 45 minutes cover with foil, the last 15 remove the foil so the coconut can toast.
Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto a bakers cooling rack.
Cool completely as the cake is moist and will fall apart when hot if sliced too soon.
Slice and enjoy!

The batter is VERY wet and so instead of using a loaf pan, I baked mine in a bundt. The 'bread' is wet and dense but delicious.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment