Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Olive You Chicken

My husband is a pun lover, not much on the fun end, but he loves a good pun. So this recipe was perfect for him.

One he loves olives, two he loves puns, put them together and it's a laugh riot!


Sort of a Mediterranean dish, but honestly, just something I threw together as I was cooking. That's how I roll.


 I'm a green pea lover, I could eat them everyday and this past week I've been a carrot lover. So here you see, we had carrots, yes again. Good thing my husband is not picky.

Olive You Chicken
2 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
smoked paprika
onion powder
garlic powder
white ground pepper
grape tomatoes
pitted stuffed olives, sliced
1 small sweet yellow onion, sliced

Season both sides of the chicken breast with seasonings, saute in a tab of oil in a skillet. Just before you are ready to take them up, add the fresh tomatoes, olives and sliced onion. Add 1/4 cup of water or broth and top the pan with a lid. Allow the food to steam, this will cook the vegetables without making them mushy and over cooked. This takes about 7 minutes. Serve with your favorite vegetables or a salad.

ENJOY!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment