Tuesday, March 4, 2014

NO STRESS CAKE

I know you may wonder what happened to all my decadent desserts...well, they left. But not for good.

I really haven't wanted any, shock I know, but had a few items laying in the pantry that were NOT clean. Since I hate to throw things out, I needed to find a way to use them.

In using them, I made a great, simple, quick and easy NO STRESS CAKE. This cake was moist, delicious (yes I had a slice) and then it left my house. I sent it to work with my husband. This way I had a slice, enjoyed it but was not tempted to eat more. WHY did I not think of doing that before? Oh yeah, because I was obsessed with sugar, that's why.

This is not a healthy cake, it is not a clean cake, but it sure the heck was a good cake.

*Note to Cynthia...you've been telling me for at least 6 months how good cinnamon chips are and that you are addicted. Well, I FINALLY found some, by themselves, yuck, but on this cake and baked, yum! Thanks



Okay, now back to the cake. We enjoyed it at lunch while it was still hot. Also, I knew that would give me plenty of time to work off the sugar and calories from the slice.

This is perfect if you are in a hurry, need a fast dessert or just don't feel like going to a lot of trouble. You could choose so many different flavors for this cake. I used what I had. Try it, experiment with other flavors, enjoy!

NO STRESS CAKE
1 cake mix
1 box instant pudding
1 1/2 cups milk (I used almond)
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup cinnamon chips (or use 1 1/2 cups of your favorite chips)

Spray or grease an 8x8 pan or small baking pan, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix your milk and pudding mix together, stir well, next add the cake mix. Batter will be very thick. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle chips on top and bake for 30 minutes or until the center is baked and set.
Cool, slice and enjoy!
**my 8x8 pan broke so I used this small brownie pan. Also my oven temp is off and cooks very high, this was baked at 300 for 26 minutes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment