I was awarded the coveted Liebster award from Carol over at Battered Hope. Carol's blog is new to me as I found her through our once a month Use Your Words writing challenge.
Here are the rules for the award:
Here are 11 facts you may not know about me:
- My middle son is going to be a daddy very soon. That will make me a grandma twice!
- Dawn is my middle name and my first name starts with an R
- I was married at 16
- I'm allergic to mushrooms and peanuts
- I'm an only child
- I have moved over 35 times in my life
- I was an Army wife
- I went to art school and dreamed of being a famous fashion designer or interior designer
- LOVE animals, all animals and if I had my way I'd own 100's of acres for rescue/rehab
- My youngest two sons were in a band, toured the US and have a CD before they were 20
- The first plane ride I ever took was from SC to Germany
Now the questions from Carol:1. What is your favorite type of food and why? Chinese and Mexican, I adore both and could eat either one every single day.
2. What is your dream job and do you think you will get it or do you already have it? A famous writer or photographer, that remains to be seen.
3. What is your best childhood memory? Sitting on the bow of my grand-daddy's boat with my cousin Tina, our feet dangling in the water, soaking up the sun, while my Daddy and Grand-daddy were pulling in nets. This was a common occurrence for us during the summer, but they are all favorites.
4. What was your most embarrassing moment - if you dare..... I've had a few, but I think my mom finding me in a pool, in a bikini in the middle of the afternoon with my friends and making me walk home, was by far the worst! To a teenager anyway. YES I skipped school...bad idea
5. How often do you blog and how long have you been doing it? I have been blogging 2 years in June and normally post M - F but sometimes I have weekend post as well. I started out 7 days a week with a different recipe every single day.
6. What is the best advice you ever gave anyone? Be yourself and love yourself
7. What is the best advice you ever received? Don't worry about everyone else and what they think.
8. Do you enjoy blogging challenges? If so, any ones in particular? I love blogging and challenges. I am part of Secret Subject Swap, Use Your Words, Fly On The Wall, all with Karen over at Baking in a Tornado and LOVE it!!!
9. How many children do you have? Can you tell me about them? 3 sons. All J names. Justin is 26 and has a 3 yo little girl,plus he is getting married in Sept. Jesse is 22 and is expecting a son on April 3. They all live in NC. My youngest son Joey is 20, married and serving in the USAF (United States Air Force) I love them ALL dearly!!!
10. What are you the most passionate about? most? Oh gosh...I am passionate about a lot really. My kids, cooking, photography, homeschooling, helping others, and most recently being healthy.
11. What would you want the world to know if you could stand on a soap box and be heard? oh...Soap box issues I have several. I think people need to READ the constitution and understand it. Research the issues and candidates. Educate yourself! Think for yourself! Love yourself. Stop hating and start healing...I could go on and on but don't wanna loose all my readers ;)
Now here are my questions and nominees:
- What type of blog do you have?
- What is the best thing about blogging?
- If married, does your spouse support your blogging?
- What state were you born in?
- How many states have you lived in?
- Name something you are afraid of:
- What is the one food you could not or would not want to live without?
- Name one food you can not eat you hate it so much you gag?
- Favorite time of year? and why?
- Did you attend college and if so, were you a party animal?
- Favorite sport, college or pro:
Nancy at Neatly Packaged
Trish at The Decoratoraholic
Cate at Random Crafty Georgia Girl
Ashleigh at Passion Love Life Health
Desiree at Finding the Skinny Geek Within