Monday, March 3, 2014

Healthy Strawberry Shake

March is upon us and I swear it was just January but we are here and moving into Spring! YAY

oh, sorry all my Northern and Mid-West folks still with snow, but here in South Georgia, we have pollen all over our cars and the sneezing has begun. Actually last week. We have tilled the ground and are preparing to plant the garden. Yeah boy!

So, with Spring moving in my thoughts turn to strawberries. Yeah, if you have ever noticed, my signature has a strawberry next to it. I love them and in Jr. High, that's what it was called then, that was my nick-name. Don't ask...shudder the memories.

Oh yes, strawberries. So last week they were on sale, 2 lbs for $5. That's a good deal since they are not in season here yet. Not sure what you pay for them but I'm good with that price right now. Come summer I'll stock up on fresh ones and freeze them for my smoothies for later.

Anyway, I get sidetracked, the older I get the more ADD I become. I used some of my strawberries to make an afternoon treat for myself and my husband. He had just finished tilling up the garden spot and was in need of refreshing.

What better way than with a shake/smoothie in the afternoon?

Super simple, refreshing and healthy.


Healthy Strawberry Shake
6 large strawberries
2 frozen bananas
1 1/2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
1/2 cup coconut water (for the electrolytes)

Blitzed up in the Vita-Mix and enjoyed! That simple. You could use ice but I don't as we are on city water and I am allergic to chlorine. I use frozen bananas to make it thick, cold and they add a natural sweetness.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment