Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fully Loaded Spaghetti

Yes, you read the name correctly. I am eating clean 90% of the time and this was a splurge.

I'm down a total of 44 lbs and plan on keeping them off, but sometimes ya want a little something. I didn't eat much, as it was super filling but oh so good. Now I'll admit, I paid for it later, as my body is NOT used to these types of food anymore.

My it made my husband happy and that's important. Fixing a meal like this every once in a blue moon helps him continue to smile and eat the spinach salads I hand him at lunch time. (big grin)

So, here was the deal.  I had planned on making homemade pizza on Saturday night, but then he comes home and tells me he had pizza for lunch. Okay, no problem, I really didn't need all that bread and cheese anyway.

So, I'm thinking spaghetti, then realize I only have about 1/3 of a box. hmmm, why not make pizza or FULLY loaded spaghetti? YEAH, now that's the ticket.

Super easy, filling and we had enough for lunch the next day. Even better, two meal, one time to cook.


Fully Loaded Spaghetti
1/3 lean ground beef
1 8 oz package pepperoni, cut in half
1/3 cup olives
3 sweet salad peppers diced
1 small sweet onion diced
1/2 jar of garden chunky spaghetti sauce 
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1 tsp paprika
1/3 box Barrilla plus thin spaghetti (this pasta is high in protein and made with whole grains and legumes)

In a skillet, cook the ground beef with the seasonings, onion and peppers. Then add 3 cups of water along with the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the Parmesan cheese and sauce. Cover and cook on med/high until the pasta is al'denta. Last add the cheese and sauce. Stir and allow the sauce to heat through. 
Serve and enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment