Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thanksgiving Salad in February

That's right, Thanksgiving salad. Why? Because it has all the flavors of a Thanksgiving Day dinner, at least to me anyway.

I roasted a turkey last week and was wanting to do another recipe with the leftovers. I thought about doing a turkey salad, like chicken but with turkey. Then I decided on something lighter.

See, that's my kitchen counter full of fresh fruits and vegetables. That's how I keep on track with my clean eating.


This my husband enjoyed. It was a great lunch, lots of vitamins, protein and low fat, low calorie and low carbs if any.

This is definitely a "do over" or "repeat" recipe!

Thanksgiving Salad
1 cup diced turkey
3 TBSP dried cranberries
1 apple, peeled and diced
1 TBSP raw sunflower seeds
2 green onions diced
1/2 tsp celery seed
sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1 1/2 TBSP mayo

Peel and dice the veggies and fruit, toss it all into a bowl, Mix well and serve on a bed of spinach with some grape tomatoes.

Simple, easy, no cooking required and frugal because I used leftovers.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment