Thursday, February 6, 2014

Spicy "T" Soup

Hey folks, how did you like the snow last week? We were blessed and did not get it! YAY, however, 4 hours North of us was a total mess. My oldest son Jim got stuck and had to walk home leaving his car stranded until the next day. Thankfully he made it home safely and retrieved his car the next day.

Our temperatures have been down, 3-4 days at a time in the teens at night and 30's during the day. For you seasoned winter birds, that is nothing, but for us Southerns, that is a BIG deal.

But, like normal, it last a few days then shoots up in the 50-70 degree mark. Crazy I know.

While it was cold cold, I decided to use up a few leftovers AND a couple of cans of stuff I found hiding in the pantry.

Yes Yes I know! I used canned food, processed stuff! So shoot me. It won't kill me to do it once, besides, I'm not legalistic about this new lifestyle, just passionate.

Anyway, this is what I used:


Spicy "T" Soup
1 can fire roasted salsa style diced tomatoes
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup diced turkey (you could use any type of meat)
3 salad peppers, diced
1 med. size yellow onion, diced
1 cup spaghetti squash (you'll read why tomorrow)
1 cup brown rice (leftover)
1 TBSP homemade taco seasoning
1 tsp smoked paprika (my new found love)
3-4 cups water

Let it all simmer for 45 minutes and ENJOY!!
SUPER easy, delicious and despite the canned foods, it is still healthy. Also, using leftovers makes this a frugal meal. This really cost me nothing as I used what I had on hand. No special purchases or store trips. So it's a win win.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment