Thursday, February 27, 2014

Salad - more than lettuce

More questions...which I'm good with. This is how we learn and grown. I will answer this one for today.

Aren't you tired of salads? No and here's why. I don't just eat "lettuce" which is what most people picture in their minds when they hear salad. For me salad is so much more. I put everything but the sink in there.

A normal lunch time salad for me:
organic baby spinach
snow pea pods
chicken or tuna chunks
shredded carrots
diced sweet salad peppers
pickles
sliced radish
grape tomatoes
diced apple
sliced grapes
boiled egg chopped
raw sunflower seeds
dried cranberries
2 TBSP of dressing, normally a vinaigrette of some type

This salad varies, sometimes I use Romaine lettuce instead of spinach, some days there is no apple or grapes. I may use leftover steak, chicken or fish from the previous night.
GASP I might even break open a can of tuna and use that. Like I mentioned a few days ago, I am not 100% clean, vegetarian or vegan.

This was posted on 2/11 of this year 2014
Cucumber marinade

I used leftovers to make a salad the next day, the recipe was posted on 1/21/2014 
Asian Chicken Slaw - leftover salad

Here area few salads from before I was "clean" so they are not as good for you, mostly due to the dressings, but it is a place to start.

October 18th, 2013  basic Mexican salad

Sept 30th,2013  Lentil Salad

layered with creamy lemon dressing

Cuban Chicken Salad

8 Layer Salad

Tomato Pepper Salad

Garden Side Salad

Kale Salad
forgive this photo, I need to make this again and take another shot 

mediterranean-salad

Hodge Podge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment