Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pre-workout Smoothie

Hey guys, hope you're having a fabulous week so far.

Today I'm going to share one of my smoothies with you and tell you a little more about what I am doing. (If you missed my earlier 2 post this year, they started with 1 and 2)

I have gotten a lot of encouragement and great comments about my weight loss and journey but I have also gotten some questions.

The #1 question is 
What type of diet are you on? I'm not. I am on a new lifestyle, not diet. I am taking care of me for once in my adult life and eating "clean". No processed foods, or very little. I am not 100%  clean, but at least 6 days a week I am at 90-95% clean.

Second common question:
What do you eat? Seriously, follow me on Instagram and you'll see what I eat during the day and make sure to follow here as I post my recipes each day. If you can't remember to stop by, sign up for the email, you will receive an email each day with that day's post. I will not spam you I promise.
What do I eat, a LOT of fresh vegetables, some fruit, little to no dairy, no sugar, no fried foods, pasta or rice once a week, lean meat and lots and lots of water.

Next question:
When are you going to post photos, before and after?
Well, to be honest, I don't know. I am very body conscience and embarrassed at how far I let myself go. I don't want to post photos. I don't want the ugly comments like other bloggers get about me being fat. Sheez I know I am, that's why I am changing. I don't want to hear the comments about my size or questions on my weight. I don't want to reveal my true size.
There I said it.

Let's just say, I'm down 30 lbs and would LOVE to see another 75 gone. Does that suit you? YES I really need to loose that much. Maybe when I reach my next goal I will suck it up and post photos,but no promises.

Another question:
Do you exercise or what program do you follow? I don't follow a "program" I'm not on WW or Jenny Craig or anything like that. I don't go to a gym and I don't have a personal trainer.
I do work out, at the level that I am able to. I suffer from several immune disorders and if I go to hard it throws me into a flare. I have to workout at my own pace. It's slow but effective. I walk on a treadmill and use a machine similar to a total gym. I also have started doing some basic yoga. Mostly stretching. 

As I loose weight I'll be able to amp up my exercise. I didn't gain it all in a day and I won't loose it all in a day.

Hope this helps answer your questions and THANK YOU For your support!

Pre-Workout Smoothie
2 frozen bananas
1/2 cup almond milk frozen
3 TBSP pineapple
1/2 -1 cup of coconut water
1 scoop pea protein

All of these items go into my Vita-Mix and blend until smooth. Simple but it is one I enjoy often.
I drink my smoothies before I work out and it helps maintain my blood sugar levels, as well as my energy levels. The pea protein also helps reduce my cravings for sugar.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment