Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fried Green Tomato Slider with sriracha mayo

Oh my hockin' word! MAN...there are no words to accurately describe this sandwich and the flavor explosion that goes off in your mouth.

My father-in-law said, "well, son if she feeds me like this, I'll be fat like you" LOL it was a joke and a compliment. You'd have to know him to understand. He picked it up, took a bite and it never touched the plate again.

And in the words of Andy Taylor on the Andy Griffith Show "eating speaks louder than words."

My husband said it was so good the only adjective he could come up with was to cuss.

Let me just say, this was by far the best sandwich I EVER put in my mouth. Hands down, the best.

Fried Green Tomato Slider with sriracha mayo and lime cilantro slaw...yeah I went there.


Fried Green Tomato Slider
buttermilk corn meal
2 tsp smoked paprika
fresh cracked pepper
2 green tomatoes, washed, peeled and sliced
vegetable oil

Slaw
4 cups shredded slaw mix
juice from 1 lime
1 TBSP cilantro
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil

Mayo
4 TBSP Dukes Mayo
1 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce

Bacon
Rolls, whole wheat slider rolls

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment