Monday, February 10, 2014

Brown Rice Chicken Bowl

I love Chinese take-out, however, being frugal requires NO take out! So, when you want it and can't buy it, make it yourself.

Better than take-out! 

I even served it up in take-out plastic containers, this way, I could just pop the lid on and not having to use more dishes. I did not eat all of mine. So lunch tomorrow!

This was an easy meal, healthy and very filling. However, I learned something I did not know. My husband said it was good, but he didn't like the smell. Must be the broccoli.


Brown Rice Chicken Bowl
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
broccoli, small head chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1/2 small bok choy, chopped
1 yellow onion, diced
3 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP sesame oil
3 TBSP rice wine vinegar
1 TBSP honey
2 TBSP Asian chili sauce
juice from 1 lime (about 2 TBSP)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp white pepper

Saute chicken, the add the sauce and vegetables. The carrots take the longest so put them in first, then add the rest. Otherwise your bok choy and broccoli will be mushy.

For the "fried" rice.
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 eggs
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder

Scramble the eggs with the seasonings, then add the rice. Stir until well heated and the eggs are done to your liking. I did not use any oil.

STEP 1


STEP 2

STEP 3

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment