Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ultimate Breakfast Smoothie

On this new journey of healthy eating and trying to eat clean a minimum of 80% of the time. Breakfast has been a challenge.

I confess, it used to be cake, a brownie or whatever sweet I had around. Sometimes it was a smoothie, yogurt, a granola bar or even the dreaded cereal. On occasion, normally weekends it was eggs, pancakes, waffles, breakfast casserole, biscuits and gravy and such as that.

Now it is protein smoothies, yogurt, banana and WOWbutter (I'm allergic to peanuts), and the occasional omelet. Not all on the same morning mind you.

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll see what I'm eating more often. I take photos and post daily, it is a sort of...accountability. May seem crazy but it works for me.
yogurt with 1 TBSP raw sunflower seeds and 1 banana sliced

My husband likes a smoothie every now and again. He asked me to fix him one and said "it would be great if it were chocolate"...great and me trying to loose weight.

Okay, so I came up with a chocolate one! That is healthy :) yeah boy!

Ultimate Breakfast Smoothie
8 oz coconut water
1 tsp Swerve sweetener (or whatever you choose)
1 frozen banana
1 TBSP unsweetened baking cocoa
1 TBSP peanut butter (for mine I used WOWbutter)
1 1/2 scoops pea powder protein

Into the VitaMix it goes and blend away, blend until it is smooth, thick and creamy. About 2 minutes.

Take that! and enjoy
**FYI since Sept. 2013 I'm down 19.6 lbs , 6.6 of those in Jan 2014
Clean eating works!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment