Thursday, January 2, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper and Chicken Soup

Well, my time in NC is almost up,I leave tomorrow. There is SO much to tell you! LOTS of great stories for my Jan. Fly on the wall post :) I hope you have been enjoying the guest post. I love my blog friends and hope you do as well.

Just before I left GA to return to NC for the Christmas holiday, my husband decided to get sick. ha not really, he sure didn't want to but he did.

So since my husband was not feeling well and I knew that soup would help. However, not having a lot in the house, I had to come up with something.

I found some unusual ingredients, combined them and made a wonderful new soup. He loved it, ate 2 big bowls. Guess soup does make you feel better.

Cabbage is really good for you, lots of nutrition and some say it helps you loose weight. I'm sure we all want to do that now that the holidays have past and we ate too many goodies.

Here you can read all about the benefits of cabbage,HERE, I posted on it last year. WOW last year! ugh...2014, how long will it take for me to stop writing 2013?


Roasted red pepper and chicken soup
6-8 cups water
1 jar roasted red peppers, oil and all
2 large chicken thighs (bone and skin on)
2 TBSP butter
1 tsp each: paprika, oregano, garlic, onion powder

Allow this to cook until the chicken falls of the bone. Remove skin and bones.
Puree the peppers and broth.

Add in 1 1/2 cups tri-color twist pasta also add more water if needed.
A tad of salt

1/4 head of cabbage shredded
Simmer 15 minutes and serve!

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment