Friday, January 24, 2014

Ranch Slaw Chicken Tacos and Fly on the Wall

There has been so much to happen since our last fly on the wall post until I feel like if I shared it all, you'd be totally overwhelmed.

We moved, I went back to NC for almost 3 weeks, we are working a new business, saw my AF son, spent time with my future DIL and met lots of new friends/family members.

I'm working on a healthier me in 2014. Wish I could be like these snow ladies and just "melt" off the weight. Oh well...to see what I eat that is "not" on the blog. Check out my instagram page: http://instagram.com/spatulasonparade
I'm down 8 lbs since I started!! WOOT 

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.


Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

http://www.BakingInATornado.com                
          Baking In A Tornado
                             The Rowdy Baker
                   Just A Little Nutty
http://themomisodes.com                  
                     The Momisodes
                      Spatulas on Parade
                         The Sadder But Wiser Girl
                  Follow me home . . .
              Stacy Sews and Schools
                     Searching for Sanity
                  The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog
                    Menopausal Mother
                    Victory Rose
http://www.pinkheartstring.com             
                     Pink Heart String
http://www.spinstersnacks.com/             
                    Spinster Snacks

Status post from friends and family on Facebook, names left off or changed to protect the innocent or not so innocent ;)

So Ms. Sassy Pants has an Obi Wan Kenobi bath toy...

J: "What is this?"
Me: "Obi Wan Kenobi!"
J: "Where's the second one?"
Justin: "The second what?"
J: "Kenobi!!!" (She thought that Wan was "one")

So stinking cute!!!

She kills me, that BCS. We were doing a MAJOR clean up and re-arranging day in her room. After she, K and I had finished moving her “tall” dresser (full), and, her double bed (crazy heavy) – she turns around and looks at the newly “opened space” and without missing a beat says, “So much room for activities!”  My brother J would be proud, BonBon!) **just keep giggling every time I think about it....so stinkin' funny)

Dinner table: Mr.S finds a long hair in his food, and, I am SERIOUSLY trying to figure out how it got there. middle daughter says, "Mom, you're old - your hair is falling out of your head!" Me to K, "K, you're young, and stupid things are falling out of your mouth!"

My friend and I are both on the "healthy" band wagon, she has been on over a year and lost 114 lbs. From her FB page: I have totally worn off on my children with this healthy thing. I made spicy veggie soup for supper. My little one--age 5--just looked at me and said, "mom this is sooooo good and it is very low in cholesterol... I can tell!" Lol! Tooo funny!

My heart is so full of sweet love from little baby...the four year old. He just looked at me and said, "Mom, your chicken and rice is sooo good. I am going to marry you one day!" 

I love it!!!! When I told him that I was already married to daddy, he said, "But he won't mind. He loves you too."

Adventures with Ms. Sassy Pants

My mom met me and my son at the half way point. J was with her. I walked up to the car and knocked on the window. She started jumping up and down and hollering!!! Gramma gramma it's DAWN her here! LET ME OUT
I opened the door, gave her and hug and she ran behind my mom. I said, what are you doing? She said "I hiding from him" my son. LOL Then she hugged him.

DAWN guess what?

What
I gots a baby sister
I know, I saw
NO you didn't! You no see her!
Okay. I saw her picture on facebook.
Oh (she sounded very disappointed) haha

She has gone from calling my mom, momma, gramma, pink gramma to Pink. No one knows why. She calls her maternal grandmother green. Who knows, she calls me Dawn. oy evy! 


Christmas Day, here we go again. J you want turkey?

Eww, no, I no want no turkey
Okay how about chicken?
YES I love shekin
Good. And I hand her a piece.

Sassy Pants: hey Daddy this is how you stick out your tongue
Dad: I know, but don't do it , it's rude
Sassy: Oh. WELL, this is how you roll your eyes
Dad: I know and DON'T do that either
Sassy: deep sigh, UGH, eye roll and runs from the room
Lord help us with this one!

Little Miss Sassy Pants has not seen my youngest son since he got married last June and she does not remember that. So while he was home, surprise visit for Christmas, we drove the 2 hours to my mom's house to see her. My oldest son, his fiance and Sassy came over. She would NOT talk to Joey or go to him but after several hours he won her over.
In the process of all this, Jesse was making faces at her, playing and having fun.
She runs in the kitchen, turns around toward the living room, one hand on her hip, points to him and goes
"YOU are SO adorable! hahaha
Oh my gosh Dawn isn't he sooooo adorable!"
We all cracked up!

My son and his fiance were playing around...
Yes
No
Yes
No and so on
Miss Sassy Pants, puts on one mitten (channeling MJ?) steps between them and says "WHOA, hold on guys, SLOW DOWN"
LOL everyone lost it!

She had her first professional mani/pedi...what have we started?!



My kitty, Beau. Here I was trying to work and he wanted attention. Can you tell? And trust me, he had a serious grip on my arm.



Ranch Slaw Chicken Tacos
2 large chicken breast,sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 tsp grapeseed oil
2 tsp dry cilantro
1-2 TBSP taco seasoning (homemade)
8 flour tortillas
shredded slaw mix 2 cups
1 TBSP mayo
3 tsp dry ranch dip mix

Mix the ranch dip mix with the mayo and stir well into the slaw mix/shredded cabbage. Set aside while you prepare the chicken.

In a skillet, place grapeseed oil, stir chicken with taco seasoning, onions and cilantro. Saute until done. about 10 minutes

Heat your tortillas in a dry skillet on each side until you get the desired brown/crisp you desire.

Serve chicken on tortilla with slaw on top!

ENJOY ** I found no need for salsa, sour cream or anything else. These were so good we had them twice in one week** A lot less fat and calories than normal tacos and just different enough to satisfy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment