Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mill City Bread Co. review

I love baking homemade bread, there is nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread floating through the house, unless it is the smell of fried chicken! YIKES... no I'm not frying chicken. Too messy and it is NOT on my list of "clean" foods.

Oh wait, I digress.

I wanted to tell you about these great Artisan breads. I received several mixes from a new company, Mill City Bread Co.
All natural Artisan bread mixes, very high quality with NO preservatives, NO GMO ingredients , no soy and no corn. They come in 100% recycled paperboard and they are produced using 100% wind energy!
How's that for green?!

So far I have made 2 of the breads and I have to say, they are wonderful. Great flavor and really easy. You add water, that's it. The yeast, base and flour mix are all included. Along with detailed instructions.

www.BonAppetitCookware.com will be carrying these bread mixes. Be sure to check them out!! www.millcitybread.com

The directions call for using a clay baker with lid. I did not have one so I went to their website, which was great and full of information. I found that I could use a cast iron dutch oven, which I do have.

My husband LOVED both loaves but enjoyed the hard crunchy crust and chewy center of the German farmer bread the best.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment