Thursday, January 9, 2014

Date Nut Cookies - #FillTheCookieJar

One thing I promised myself, is that I will not be deprived of sweets. In order to make this lifestyle change, eating healthy and clean, is that I must still have sweets. Otherwise, it will not work for me.

So, knowing that I had already signed up for the Fill The Cookie Jar, I knew I needed to come up with a healthy cookies and wouldn't ya know! this months theme is healthy! YAY for me. (the theme is healthy or snow, I sort of did both)

I won't do dry, healthy cardboard, it must be good and good for you or at least not totally bad. As always, there are several great bloggers who participated, the link is at the end of the post, be sure to stop by and check out their healthy or snow cookies.

Date Nut Cookies
1 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
2 cups organic medjool dates, pitted and soaked
2 TBSP honey
3 TBSP unsweetened raw coconut shreds
Makes 24 depending on size.



In a food processor, with the S blade, grind the pecans and sunflower seeds into a fine grain. Add the dates, drained, soaked and pitted into the mix. Process into a paste. If it is too dry add the honey and a TBSP of the water from the dates. Process until a smooth sticky dough.
Scoop by the spoonful and make a patty, press into the coconut shreds and place on a place. You can also just roll them into bite size balls. I have done both for times when I don't want the 'snow' or coconut.
Store in the fridge in a covered container. These will keep for up to a month if covered.
Have as a snack, sweet craving buster or afternoon energy booster.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit my friends:

No comments:

Post a Comment