Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"clean" Asian Chicken Slaw

Who out there is eating clean or trying to? I am really enjoying this. I have loved fresh foods for sometime now and really did not know if I could "kick" the sugar or not. Surprisingly it has been 2 weeks and I have not had candy, cake, brownies or anything else. I have not gone into a baking frenzy or fainted from withdrawals!

Part of me wants some chocolate and part of me is a little worried that I'll either go into a feeding frenzy like a shark smelling blood or that it will not taste good and I'll be disappointed.

Either way, I'm waiting until I've lost 10 lbs THEN I will allow myself just a tad of goodness. For now, I'm eating 'real' food. No boxed, canned or processed anything.

Since last October, I'm down 19.6 lbs and 6.6 of that since Jan. 3rd. 

Last week I made this great Asian Chicken Slaw...very good! Extremely filling and healthy. If you don't know the benefits of cabbage, I did a post last year on cabbage. You can check that out HERE. Counting this one, there are 24 cabbage recipes on this site.

"Clean" Asian Chicken Slaw
Slaw
2 green onions diced
4 cups cabbage mix (green and purple cabbage shredded)
1/2 cup carrot shreds
1/2 cup snow pea pods, broken in half
4 TBSP oil
3/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tsp sesame oil
4 tsp honey powder (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
2 TBSP soy sauce, low sodium
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash red pepper flakes (use more if you like it spicy)
6 TBSP sesame seeds
Mix all ingredients into a bowl and allow to marinade while the chicken marinades and then cooks.

Chicken
Marinade the chicken (2 boneless skinless breast) in 1 TBSP soy sauce, 1 TBSP oil, a 1/4 tsp of garlic and ginger powder, parsley, paprika, cayenne and black pepper. 

Saute the chicken in a pan and slice or dice into bite size pieces. Add to the slaw and mix well.


ENJOY

OH the next day I topped a bed of spinach with the leftovers, added some raw sunflower seeds and some leftover cooked garden peas, and a TBSP of salad topping. DELISH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment