Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chocolate PB Oatmeal Bites - raw healthy snack

Gosh, there is a lot going on. This is my...
555th post!!!!!

and

Hey folks, there's not much more time to enter for the NEW Southern Living SLIM down South Cookbook!
Click here to ENTER

Now...
I'm doing really well, no baking, no cakes, no cookies, no anything. HEY are you okay?
I know you just fell out of your chair! hahaha Super hard to believe I know, trust me. Biggest thing, I'm okay with it. I miss baking and my husband is not thrilled but I really am not missing it. I think secretly I'm afraid that if I eat something decadent I might not be able to stop!

I did however want something last week but it wasn't a desire for cake really. So I found a few recipes and tweaked them to suit me and what I had in the house. I'm trying to be super frugal as well, and no unscheduled store trips.

This is what I came up with. A great raw snack. This one does not include dates or nuts, so if you weren't a fan of the raw cookies, you might like these.




Chocolate PB Oatmeal bites
1 cup old fashioned oats, raw
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa (I used Hershey's)
1/4 cup coconut shreds
1/2 cup peanutbutter (I used WOWbutter)
1/4 cup raw honey

Mix the dry together, mix the honey and PB in a separate bowl. Now combine the two.
This is very hard, you can stir, you need to sort of mash and knead it together.
Take small amounts, about a teaspoon maybe two and knead in your hand, roll into a ball.
Place on a plate and cover, store in the fridge.
Made 24 small bite size balls

No comments:

Post a Comment