Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Aunt Olean's Potato crust pizza

While visiting one day with my husband's aunt, she was telling me about this pizza she makes that they all love. It was very interesting.

She uses potatoes as the crust. Potatoes? Yes, potatoes. I thought it was odd but ya know, it is sort of like a flatten out stuffed baked potato.

A few nights later, she made her pizza and called us over. We had already eat, but of course my husband had some.

This is a photo of her pizza.
How she does it...

Potato crust bacon cheese pizza
3-4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
par boil the potatoes
layer on a pizza stone
top with:
ranch
bacon, cooked drained and crumbled
cheese

Bake at 350 degrees until the potatoes are done, the cheese is melted and the "crust" has formed.
Not exactly on my list of "clean" healthy foods, but hey, everyone needs a little something special every now and again. Plus, it had bacon.

Have you ever heard of, seen or eaten a pizza like this? I had not.

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment