Monday, December 16, 2013

Sweet N' Spicy Yardbird aka chicken

It is possible that I have lost my mind since moving or misplaced it. No, all the boxes are unpacked, everything is put away. hmmm, maybe I left it behind.

What am I rambling on about you ask, the title. Yardbird...you see, that is what my Daddy used to call chicken, that or yardbuzzard. He called eggs cackleberries. Why, I have no idea. But when I started to edit these photos and was trying to come up with a name, I thought about him. It has been six months since he passed and I swear it is not getting easier.

Okay, enough before I started bawling here and the cats think I've gone crazy.

When I made this dish, my husband just looked at me. See I don't eat spicy food, he does. My poor delicate system does not tolerate heat well. For some reason, I made this a tab on the warm side and I ate it. Not only did I eat it, I LOVED it.

 Sweet N' Spicy yardbird
2 chicken breast,boneless and skinless, sliced
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP garlic
1 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/8 tsp cayenne powder
1/4 cup water

In a sauce pan, combine all the other ingredients and simmer until reduced. When this has reduced, turn the temperature to low.
Saute your chicken in a skillet and when done, pour the sauce on top, simmer for a few more moments and serve.
You could serve this over noodles, rice or by itself. I'm cutting back, so we just had the chicken and a nice big salad.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment