Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sticky Chicken (crock pot)

I love cooking in my crock pot/slow cooker. Crock pot is a brand and slow cooker is what it is. Just to clarify, there is no difference from one to the other. I actually have one of each.

So, as I was saying, I love cooking in my crock. Toss in the food, spices, broth, and slap a lid on it. Go about you business and later that day, BAM, supper!

This chicken was awesome and super easy.

I tossed all the spices in a gallon zip top bag, shook it really well, added the whole chicken, rubbed it up and plopped it in the cooker. This way my hands didn't get "sticky" and no fear of the messy germs associated with raw chicken.

It was really good, moist and flavorful. 

The next night I took the broth and leftover chicken, added a cup of rice and we had the best tasting chicken n' rice supper ever!

So two meal, one cook time, no waste and frugal. This is a "winner winner chicken dinner" times 2 and who doesn't love that?



Sticky Chicken
1 whole chicken
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary

Place all the spices in a gallon size zip top bag, shake well, add the chicken. Rub all over. Place chicken in the crock , place the lid on top,set on high and walk away. Come back in 6 hours and you have a crusted, flavorful chicken.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment