Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lemon Walnut White Chocolate chip Holiday 2013 cookies

I try to come up with a new cookie each year at Christmas time. Growing up my mom always made her famous sugar cookies at Christmas. I always looked forward to that time. We would roll, cut and decorate the cookies. They were a treat as we only had them at Christmas time. These days, she fixes them several times a year at the request of several family members.

This year I decided to combine a few of my favorite flavors in a new cookie. I am also sharing with #fillthecookiejar group. The brain child of Cynthia over at Feeding Big. For all of us food bloggers who love to bake and love cookies, this is a fun link up each month.



If you are interested, stop by Cynthia's blog to sign up or visit her on Facebook.
I loved baking cookies with my mom and then passed that joy on to my boys. I hope they will pass along some of our traditions to their own children.


 Last year I made Double Vanilla Cookies 


 Crispy Ranger Cookies ^^

THIS YEAR:

Lemon Walnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 sticks butter, unsalted room temperature
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 droppers of Lemon Stevia #NuNaturals
12 oz white chocolate chips
1 cup walnut pieces
375 degrees 10 minutes

In a mixing bowl, beat until creamy butter and both sugars. Add your egg and stevia. Mix your dry ingredients together and add to your creamy mixture. Once all ingredients are mixed well, stir in your chips and nuts.
Place by the TBSP on a silpad or greased baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to sit for 1-3 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack.

ENJOY


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment