Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Healthy Brownie with NuNaturals Stevia

I have been working on loosing weight since October, I was doing well, 12 lbs in a month, then it halted. Of course, next came Thanksgiving and a move, so nothing else has been lost BUT I haven't gained either. So I'm happy about that.

In my quest for weight loss, I've looked at other sweeteners besides sugar. I found this company NuNaturals. They have Stevia, monk fruit sweetener and lots of other products.

This "healthy brownie" was my first attempt. I have found that when you bake without sugar, you need to make some adjustments.
This poor brownie was flat like a pancake, but moist and good. I was surprised. Not as sweet as I'm used to, but I did not use a lot of Stevia either. As I am new at it, I was testing the waters.

This is what I did:

healthy brownie with Stevia
4 TBSP unsalted butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 egg
2 TBSP NuNaturals Tagatose
6 drops vanilla Stevia
2 TBSP cocoa powder
5 TBSP whole wheat flour
In a bowl, blend the butter and egg, add the stevia. In a small bowl, mix your cocoa powder and flour. Add that to the egg mix. Stir in your tagatose and chips.
In a small baking dish, 4x6 sprinkle coconut on the bottom. Spread the mix on top and press in 1/4 cup raw pecans.
Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees.
Makes 4 large slices.
ENJOY


If you are interest in Stevia or other healthy sweeteners, check out NuNaturals. It is a great company and very reasonable in price. My items came within just a few days.

**Tagatose information from their website: 
PreSweet Tagatose is safe for diabetics because it will not raise blood sugar levels. It is also being studied for other health benefits.
One of the health benefits of PreSweet is that it is a prebiotic ingredient. Prebiotics feed probotic bacteria like acidopholis found in yogurt. Prebiotics help the good bacteria in the digestive system multiply. This improves the overall health of the digestive system and may improve the general health of the body.
PreSweet Tagatose is a naturally-occurring sweetener found in milk, fruits and vegetables. It is 92% as sweet as sugar. PreSweet is a low calorie (6 calories/serving), low GI (3 on the glycemic index), and low in carbohydrates (especially considering that many of the carbohydrates are not digested).
PreSweet is anti-hyperglycemic and great for those on weight loss programs because it will satsify your sweet tooth without adding the calories that sugar will.
Unlike sugar alcohols like Xylitol and Erythritol, PreSweet Tagatose browns like sugar. Because it brown quicker and darker than sugar, you might consider blending it with other sweeteners in cakes and cookies or reduce baking time.

While Xylitol has a unique cooling taste and Erythritol has a distinctive taste, Tagatose as a very clean, neutral taste like sugar.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment