Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Chicken Ole' (bravo) over cornbread

I thought just saying Mexican chicken or TexMex chicken sounded boring, so Ole' as the bull fighter would say!

This dish I made while we were in transition, well packing our house in NC to move to GA. I had forgotten about it until I found the photos and was like "oh snap! I didn't post this" yeah I said snap. My boys will be rolling their eyes. haha gotta love it, right?

This dish is easy enough to recreate, as most of it is leftovers. I was using up those perishables, like you've seen in several other recipes. Like the hash and the easy pie.


We had lots of salad in the fridge along with green onions, peppers and a dab of salsa. Looking around I saw the leftover cornbread, that got my mind to spinning on a "TexMex" flavor meal.
AND
If you've been around long, you KNOW I love love love Mexican food. Okay, let's be honest. I love food. It keeps ya alive ya know ;)

Chicken Ole (bravo) over cornbread
8 chicken tenders
4 green onions
1/2 cup black bean and corn salsa (use whatever you have)
1 small can tomato sauce

Saute the chicken in a dab of olive oil until brown on the outside, mix your tomato sauce, salsa and taco seasoning together and pour over the chicken. Allow to simmer 20 minutes.
Chop the green onions, top and bottom, mix the bottoms in with the chicken and sprinkle with the tops.
Slice the cornbread and lay the chicken with sauce on top. Sprinkle with green onions. I served this with a Spanish rice and mixed baby greens salad.
If you have it, or want a different way, use polenta instead of cornbread or omit both.


ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment