Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Taste Like An Almond Joy - Cookies

almonds + dark chocolate + coconut + dough = almond joy cookies! And MAN were they ever good! Notice I said "were" past tense, yes they were gone in less than 2 days. 4 dozen to boot! *blush* thankfully I can blame my husband for eating most of them :)


I love almond joy, which is interesting because growing up I hated anything with coconut. Now, I could eat it everyday. Funny how our taste change. I made an almond joyful pie that was a big hit. So much so that the brother of my sons girlfriend ask for one for his birthday. He had seen the photo on Facebook and sent me a message with a request. No present, just a pie. DONE!


Not only do these cookies look lovely, they taste...OUTstanding!

Now after the first batch I did discover that if I did not smash the dough down some, they baked in a big ball. hmmm

Almond Joy Cookies (as close as you can get without chopping up Almond Joys and adding them to the dough)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick room temp)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour (all purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped almonds

Cream the first 3 ingredients together. Next add in the eggs, one at a time and vanilla. Sift your dry ingredients together and gradually stir them into the creamed mixture.
Place on wax paper, parchment or silpad sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool and enjoy! 375 degrees
We did.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No comments:

Post a Comment