Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Salsa Verde Chicken (crock pot)

I love Mexican food, but if you've been here more than once, you already know that. I am always cooking up something here lately and putting it in a tortilla. They are like my addiction right now.
This recipe is not except. Super easy to prepare while you're busy or at work, come home, toast up some tortillas and DONE! LOVE that. Quick, easy, delicious and cheap too.


I purchased a big package of chicken thighs on sale. Skin on and bone in. This adds lots of flavor. I did remove the large pieces of skin and then placed the chicken in the slow cooker.

 Just before we eat, I toast up some tortillas in a small skillet on the stove top. I love that fresh, warm, crispiness it adds.
Just look at these! mmm mmm mmm good does not even begin to describe it. They were down right addicting they were so good!
Salsa Verde Chicken-on tortillas (crock pot)
6 large chicken thighs, skin on bone in
1 jar salsa verde (I used about 3/4 of the jar)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp oregano flakes
1/8 tsp cumin 
Remove the large skin and place the chicken in the pot. Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken. Pour the salsa over the chicken. Place the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and shred. Remove the bone and any skin/fat. Place the chicken back in. Stir and cook on low for 2 hours.
Warm your tortillas in a skillet. Place chicken, shred cheese and slaw in tortillas and serve immediately.

ENJOY!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment