Saturday, November 9, 2013

Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner - Round Up

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! YAY I love thanksgiving, family, friends, food, visiting, food, leftovers and food!
We go all out even if it is just myself, my husband and the boys. Now that they are all grown and gone holidays will be different, difficult and I guess we'll have to make new traditions.
I always put my turkey on the night before and let it slow roast. I hate a dry bird, this way it is juicy, tender and falls off the bone. mmm mmm
Some of the side dishes I prepare the day before so all I have to do is reheat them. This saves a lot of time and dirty dishes.
Desserts are always done the day before as well. It is a lot of work, but then on Thanksgiving I don't have as much to do and can enjoy the friends and family that are with us.
We like to start off with a breakfast treat like Morning Kisses, eat a BIG lunch and then afternoon coffee and dessert. Maybe leftovers for supper if anyone has room!
I hope you find a few recipes here to help you plan your perfect dinner and maybe a new tradition to your menu.
Morning Kisses


We eat around 1 pm and then eat leftovers for supper IF we have room after all the good food and desserts.
Cranberry salad

Sweet Potato Casserole I got this recipe from my mother-in-law many years ago.

Collards Yes I'm from the South but don't put pork in mine.

Zucchini Squash Casserole I don't take this to my mom's house, she is a picky eater.

Turkey and the fixings

Banana Split Cake (no baking required)

Pumpkin Broccoli Rice Pilaf I recently made this dish for a challenge and think it will become a new tradition for the holidays.

Fudgy Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie All your favorites rolled up or layered in one pie!

Pumpkin Maple Cheesecake The most perfect cheesecake I've ever made!




Here are some other great dishes from my friends: 
Cynthia from Feeding Big
Stuffed Acorn Squash

Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Jutta from Hungry Little Girl
Thanksgiving Oatmeal


Cranberry Poke Cake


Gluhwein - German Hot Wine Punch

ENJOY and Be thankful EVERY day not just once a year.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment