Thursday, November 14, 2013

Maple Pear Scones - #dessertchallenge

The last several months I have participated in the #DessertChallenge with Sheryl at Lady Behind The Curtain. I love a challenge and each month she gives us two ingredients then we make a NEW recipe/dessert using those ingredients.
If you are interested, you can find more information HERE.

This month, keeping with the theme of Fall, she gave us maple and pears. I love pears but have not used them in baking but one other time. So I was excited about this.

I had been thinking a lot about scones recently, seeing them a lot on other blogs and Pinterest. So I decided to do something I had not done before, bake scones.

Now these are not the pretties scones, I'll give you that and they may not be "traditional" either but they were really good. My husband loved them and swore he was gonna eat the whole batch after the first bite. He didn't eat them all that night, but by the next they WERE all gone! Guess that means they were good.

Maple and Pear Scones
1 cup biscuit mix (I used Bisquick)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup COLD butter
2 Red pears, roasted with maple syrup
1 large egg beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Stevia (NuNaturals)
1/2 cup evaporated low fat milk

In a small baking pan, slice your (ripe) pears and pour 2 TBSP pure maple syrup on top. Roast for 20 minutes at  350 degrees. Allow them to cool and then mash or cut into tiny pieces.
In a large mixing bowl, stir all your dry ingredients, cut in the butter. I cut my butter into small pieces and then pinch it into the flour mix, this makes it easier to handle. Do this until you have a crumble mix. Next in a small bowl, beat your egg and add your stevia and milk. 
Mix in your syrup and pears into your dry mix. Mix well and then slowly add your wet. Add more flour if needed.
Place this mix in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Now place it on a baking sheet, shape into a 6 inch circle and cut your triangles, slightly move them apart.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and bake your scones for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm and 
ENJOY!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Be sure to visit my fellow bloggers and see their wonderful creations as well.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your links with Shortest and earn money for every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete