Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Country meal in a crock

The day before Thanksgiving and I'm sure you are in a cooking frenzy. I normally am, this year is weird, I'm not cooking and going to my moms. This will also be our first Thanksgiving without my mother-in-law, my aunt/friend and my Daddy. I'm flooded with memories and missing them all. Trying to stay busy and remember the good times, which there are a lot of. Smiling through the tears.

So, today I'm fixing a quick easy meal that combines meat, vegetable and starch in one pot. Yep, I love cooking this way. Quicker clean up and more time with family.


This was really good and enjoyed by all. I'd love to say I had a ton of leftovers for later, but I didn't. Which is okay because with the move, I don't need a lot leftover.

Country Meal in a Crock
1 lb kielbasa sausage, sliced (I used turkey)
1 lb frozen fresh green beans
5 medium red potatoes, diced
1/2 red onion diced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika

Mix all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high. This was served with fresh baked cornbread. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment