Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday you saw I was all green and spooky, haha. Today I'm black and orange. Well, no not me but my cookies are. In  case you missed yesterday's post and you need a laugh or an eeewww you should check it out. HERE
Today my post is part of the #FillTheCookieJar with Cynthia over at Feeding Big.
At the bottom of this post you'll see the link of all the great bloggers who participated this month and their Black and Orange cookies.



My decorated Black and Orange cookies

The dough mix was a pretty light orange but I knew when they baked it would not be visible so to keep in tune with the orange and black =Pumpkin/chocolate I decided to add a little gel decorative frosting. The gel you can purchase fairly inexpensively and has no flavor so it does not compete with the cookies.
The cinnamon and chocolate work really well together I learned last year I made these fabulous muffins. LINK HERE

Aren't they cute?


Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup pumpkin puree

Cream the butter and sugars in a bowl with your mixer at medium speed.
 Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
Sift together flour ,oats, cinnamon and baking soda
Stir in a dry to fluffy and alternate with pumpkin
fold in the chips
drop by spoonfuls on baking sheets
 bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
place on a rack to cool

My friend Jutta has the cutest little cookie. Check it out: HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment