Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pumpkin Broccoli Rice Pilaf #CIC

Here we are with another CIC, Crazy Ingredient Challenge. Jutta, from Hungry Little Girl, just loves to stretch us in our cooking imagination.

I love a good challenge and when I read that Octobers ingredients were pumpkin and broccoli, well, I thought she might have just lost it.

I really had to put my creative juices flowing on this one and what I came up with was an absolutely FANfreakin'tastic dish! I'm a little biased. haha

My husband loved it. He took a bite and said "I don't know what this is but it is awesome". WOOT 2 thumbs up and a 5 fork rating from my husband. Good sign


Pumpkin Broccoli Rice Pilaf - CIC
Far East Rice Pilaf original mix (rice, orzo, tumeric)
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 1/2 cups water
2 TBSP butter, unsalted
1/2 - 3/4 cup fresh chopped broccoli
1/4 tsp nutmeg

In a skillet place butter, rice and orzo. Mix well and allow some browning to occur. Add water, pumpkin and nutmeg. Stir well ,cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add more water if needed and chopped broccoli. Cover and simmer until tender.
That simple!
ENJOY!

Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with. Be sure to stop by and visit them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment