Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting ~ Dessert Challenge

Sheryl over at Lady Behind the Curtain does a dessert challenge each month. We have 2 ingredients that we must use and create a new recipe, take photos and post.
This month we have pumpkin and cream cheese. I wanted to do something a little different, not totally out of the box, but not the normal pumpkin cheesecake. However, I have a fabulous recipe for that. But I've done it, so I needed something new.
www.ladybehindthecurtain.com

My husbands favorite is angel food, so I thought I'd combine the pumpkin and do a new recipe/cake.

This is super easy.

Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 box angel food cake mix
1 cup cold water
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (I make my own)
1 TBSP flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves, ground



Mix the dry ingredients well, then add the pumpkin and water. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds. Next mix at medium speed for 1 minute.
Pour into an UNgreased tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 37-47 minutes depending on your oven. It should be golden brown and cracked on top.
Suspend the pan upside down to cool for 1 hour. Next run a knife around the edges to loosen and place the cake on a plate.
Once it is completely cool. Frost with a cream cheese frosting.

I used a can of cream cheese frosting, adding a little water, stirring well and adding food coloring for the light orange color. Then a few festive sprinkles added, plus the BOO in black decorative gel icing.

Super simple and delish!

ENJOY


And be sure to visit all the other great bloggers who participated in this challenge.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment