Thursday, October 31, 2013

Moo Shu Chicken wraps

I love Asian food and while browsing through a magazine I found a recipe for Moo Shu pork in wraps. Well, I don't eat pork, except bacon but that doesn't count. shhh it doesn't ;) wink

Since I don't eat pork I decided to make them with chicken. Man where they ever good.

I'll be honest, I really didn't like the smell. I have only used hoisin sauce one other time. They tasted great but kinda smelly. I don't like the smell of fish sauce either but it adds a great depth of flavor in Asian food.


 Look at that lovely stir fry which would have been great over rice or noodles but I did something different and served it in heated/toasted tortillas.


Moo Shu Chicken (in wraps)
6 boneless skinless chicken tenders
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP olive oil (Pompeian extra virgin)
1 c shredded cabbage
1 c shredded broccoli slaw
2 TBSP hoisin sauce
flour tortilla

Cook the chicken in the olive oil and soy sauce. When the chicken is done stir in the hoisin sauce and vegetables. Saute until the vegetables are done to your liking.
In a small skillet, dry, heat the tortillas. Serve the Moo Shu in the tortillas.
Or you could serve it over warm rice or noodles.

ENJOY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment