Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Monster eye cupcakes (one bowl chocolate cake)

Saturday night we went to my BIL house. We had not been to their new home, it was a long drive, an hour, but worth it.
Fun, food, family, friends, decorations and costumes! A great time inside and out.

Out back the kids ran wild on the 12 acres farm, chickens, dogs and wildlife. Over by the fire the men were cooking a big pot of "road kill stew", but not to worry, it was chicken and rice.

Inside, every room was decorated and 3 tables were lined with food.

Everyone brought something and it was a graze and eat as you were hungry kind of a deal. Which is great with a big crowd.

Most everyone was dressed up. I had no costume and so I wore one of my favorite t-shirts and tried to replicated the design on my face. Not too bad, my husband was some dark dead demon/man.  He hates dressing up.

Here you see my SIL (sister in law) and her best friend dressed as minions! Too funny!

Seems all the guys came as Duck Dynasty or just as 'dads'.

We had a great time.

I took Monster cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes decorated with candy to make owls and little monsters, or just tossing on the extra candy. The kids don't care, they just like candy and chocolate.  Here is my chocolate cake recipe that I used:

Monster Eye Cupcakes(Chocolate Cupcakes)
One bowl chocolate cake
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup baking cocoa (I used Hershey's)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk (I used Almond)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

Stir all dry ingredients well, then add the wet. Mix well but do not over mix. Baking in 24 cupcakes, a 13 x 9 pan or two 9 inch round cake pans. 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Frost and decorate.

ENJOY!
*153 calories per cupcake without frosting
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment