Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lentil Salad

I have been working on finding new ideas for old favorites. I like lentils and my husband is okay with them. I really love a good lentil stew. Recently I made a lentil minestrone. 

Today over at Hungry Little Girl, Jutta has a bowl of lentil stew that will knock your socks off! I promise.

A couple of nights ago I decided to do a lentil salad. I had cooked a large pot of lentils and had them in the fridge so I could just add them to other dishes. Well, since they were already cold, it was a perfect idea. I had seen a lentil salad in a magazine but couldn't remember everything that went in it. So here is what I did:

Lentil Salad
1 1/2 cups cold cooked lentils
1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
1/2 cup baby carrots chopped
2 radishes diced
4 red, yellow and orange sweet salad peppers diced
1 rib of celery diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 TBSP dijon mustard
2 TBSP red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
3 TBSP olive oil (Pompeian extra virgin olive oil)

Whisk the oil, vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper together. Add your drained lentils and diced vegetables, give it a good toss and serve. Great if it can sit in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour. The flavors marry and really taste better.

ENJOY

My friend Jutta over at Hungry Little Girl has a different take on lentils today. She has this fabulous stew! I mean just look at it. Oh man...I could easily eat both. First a salad and then a stew.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment