Friday, October 11, 2013

Chicken Parmesan Meatballs

I love Parmesan chicken but wanted to do it a little differently. My husband is not a fan of meatballs, go figure, and so I've never been one to fix them on a regular basis. Well, honestly I don't fix them at all except during the holidays or a for a potluck and then it is in bbq sauce.

I did do an Asian inspired meatball earlier this year that he did like, so he might be a convert.

When I handed him his plate , he looked at it and said, what is it. I told him to just trust me and eat it. He took one bite and said "Well whatever it is, it's really good and I know it's not pork" Reason he knew that was, I don't buy pork to cook as a general rule. Yes, bacon and pepperoni but that's not "pork" :) right? haha

SO anyway, the meatballs were a big hit and I am sure I'll be fixing them again.




Chicken Parmesan meatballs

1 lb ground ck
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1/4 tsp red chili flake
3 TBSP parmesan cheese
2 TBSP bread crumb
1 egg
Lemon zest 1 large lemon
2 TBSP olive oil

Mix all the ingredients except for the oil.
Fry/ saute the meat balls in the oil, brown all sides.
Serve with sauce over noodles

marinara sauce (I made my own)

noodles ( I used the vegetable twist)

finely shredded mozzarella cheese

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment