Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chickadilla Soup

With the cooler temps and watching the leaves fall, it puts me in the mood for a yummy soup. I thought I'd try something just a little different, but not too terribly much.
 My friend Jutta and I were talking about it. So we decided to do the same soup, but with our own twist. So I found a recipe, shared with her and then we did our own thing.
Here is her version, doesn't that look good? You can hop over to her page for the recipe.

Here is my take on it. As you can see, they are two very different soups but great and packed with flavor.
You could garnish with cilantro and cheese if you desire.

Chickadilla Soup
4 chicken tenders (boneless skinless breast strips)
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can green mild chili enchilada sauce
3 cups chicken broth
1 TBSP taco seasoning (I make my own)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chipotle rub seasoning

Place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot and mix all other ingredients and pour on top. Cook for 4 hours on high, pull the chicken out and shred, place it back inside the pot and cook  2 more hours on low.
Instead of crackers with our soup we ate baked tortilla chips.

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment