Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Bones and Boogers

It is October and  I know a lot of people have parties or are planning to attend one. You are probably looking for cute, scary, gross, but edible party foods as well.

Hey hey, this is the place for you!! I have....

Bones and Boogers and Bark
Yes I said boogers. Boogers on a stick to be exact.

I have seen so many creative ideas and I wanted to come up with something that would make you stop and go WHOA what is that and visit my page.

So did it work?

My middle son, who is the creative Halloween lover said they were "epic" quite a compliment from him. My husband said it was sick and I needed help. haha

Oh and I made them healthy too :)

PLEASE forgive the photo of me...but since it is Halloween, I thought it should be scary. Yes, I'm green, do not attempt to adjust your screen.
Jutta this one is for you! 



Boogers on a Stick
2 over ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup Biscoff spread (or you could use peanut butter)
green food coloring

Mash the bananas thoroughly. Stir in the biscoff or peanut butter. Add the oats and stir well. Mix in the green food coloring.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
As soon as you pull them out of the oven, insert the lollipop sticks. Allow them to cool and move to a rack.
This recipe makes 15 good size "boogers" but you could make them a little smaller and get 18.

Now for the bones. These are so cute and not as healthy.
Dem bones, dem bones...you remember the song right? ohh did I just tell my age by saying that ? LOL Cynthia probably remembers it.

Bones
mini marshmallows
pretzels sticks
white chocolate candy melting pieces



Take the mini marshmallows and poke the pretzel stick through the end. Mash with your fingers to create the illusion of the 'bone' end.

Melt your candy pieces either using a double boiler or microwave. Whichever you prefer.

Dip the "bones" into the candy melts. Allow they to dry on a wax sheet, silpad or a surface where they will not stick.
Store in a cool place or the fridge if not using right away.
I had fun playing with the bones. OH NO the headless bones...dun dun dun



Bark With the leftover melted candy I added candy corn, candy corn M & M's, sunflower seeds and broken pretzels. Mix to coat well and pour into a small 6 x 6 casserole dish rubbed with butter. Or place parchment paper inside first. Break up and store in the fridge in an air tight container.



Now my friends Cynthia at Feeding  Big and Jutta from Hungry Little Girl got in on the party as well. This is what they brought. (For the recipes click their blog title and it will take you right to it)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment