Friday, October 18, 2013

Basic Mexican Salad - #TheSaladBar

This month as part of  #TheSaladBar group our theme was Mexican. That was just too easy for me. I love Mexican food and would love to have thrown some nachos together or taco salad. mmm tacos with ground beef or fish. 

Instead I headed over to a friends house via online and found a great 'basic' salad that they eat all the time. Of course I made a few changes and made it my own.
She used tomatoes and I forgot to buy any. Not sure how I forgot, but I did. I added the peppers and radishes.

 Basic Mexican Salad
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 head green leaf lettuce
2 carrots, thin sliced
3 radishes, thin sliced
2 sweet salad peppers (orange and red)
1 large cucumber, peeled and thin sliced
4 TBSP white vinegar
3 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard

Mix your marinade/dressing/vinaigrette and if possible slice the vegetables (not the avocado or lettuce) and allow to sit for a few hours so the flavors marry. Then arrange on top of the lettuce and top with the avocado.

Close up...mmm mmm good, yes?


This recipe is part of a group. Please be kind and visit the others. I am sure they have some great recipes to share.
ENJOY!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment