Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bacon Texas Chili Grill Cheese

My husband was working out of town for a couple of days and I had really thought I would not cook during that time but would just reheat leftovers. ha! That was the plan but after the first day of eating all leftovers I decided I wanted to experiment and cook something else.

Oh man am I ever glad I did. Because this was FANfreakin'tastic! Pardon my french but it was!

I had plenty left and actually ate it for lunch the next day and for supper that night. 

My husband was like, "Oh I see how it is, cook the good stuff while I'm gone" hey buddy it's always good stuff. I really was pleased he liked it because I LOVED it and wanted to do it again. It is really easy and it provided enough meat mixture for 8 sandwiches total.

You know I've mentioned before he's not real big on cheese, however, he does like grill cheese and this had more meat than cheese so he was good with that.

Here is what I did.

Bacon Texas Chili Grill Cheese
homemade chili (Recipe here)
bacon (cooked and crumbled, added to the chili)
Texas toast
butter
shredded colby/cheddar cheese


Butter one side of the bread, butter side down in the pan. Add shredded cheese, meat, cheese, bread and butter the top slice. Allow the bottom to grill nice and slow so that the cheese melts. Flip and grill the other side. I place the meat in between the cheese, this keeps everything "in" the sandwich.
Grill
Slice
ENJOY

Simple, quick and delicious. Prepare ahead of time and keep in the fridge for a fast supper, quick lunch or even a snack if you are super hungry and have a few hours before meal time.

If you love sandwiches, I have several you might want to check out, like Buffalo Chicken Grill Cheese, Kicked up Grilled cheese, find them HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment