Friday, October 18, 2013

Aunt Dianne's Macaroni Salad and Fly on the Wall

Time for another Fly On The Wall post...don't you just love these? A peek into the lives, kitchens and homes of bloggers. Some are just hysterical and will make you laugh until the tears run down your legs. I have to read them during the day, I find that when I read them late at night, I wake up my husband with my hysteria.

Hope you will visit some if not all of them. It will be worth your time. Because if you are having a bad day, you'll laugh, you'll cry and I promise you'll feel better.

Trying to decide what recipe to share with you all, I decided on my Aunt Dianne's macaroni salad. It was my Daddy's favorite. If we had a family gathering he always wanted her to fix it. I don't think anyone else even ate it except her daughter Tina and my Daddy. I never even ate it.

So a few weeks ago I called my mom and asked her if she knew what was in it. I would have loved to have called Aunt Dianne and asked her but she passed away the end of May. I have found myself wanting to call her a lot lately. She and I were very close. We were the "black sheep" of the family. The rebellious ones. Now without her AND my Daddy, I'm the "bad" one left. Oh well, guess I need to make up for them not being here and be "bad to the bone" LOL

Back to the salad. I added garden peas because I love them. Aunt Dianne added green bell pepper to hers, but they bother me. I can eat sweet red, yellow or orange ones all day long but not green.

It is really simple:

Aunt Dianne's macaroni salad
2 cups dry pasta
1 cup frozen peas
Duke's mayo
2 boiled eggs
3-4 TBSP sweet pickle relish
1-2 tsp mustard
1/2 diced onion
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the pasta and peas together. When the pasta is done so will the peas. Drain well. Chop or mash up your peeled boiled eggs. Now mix all the ingredients together. Eat warm or chilled. 
Perfect for a picnic, potluck, side dish for either lunch or supper.
**Aunt Dianne always used elbow macaroni, but I was out. she also used diced green bell peppers but I used garden peas.


Now on to the "Fly On The Wall"
Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 13 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

http://BakingInATornado.com                                     Baking In A Tornado
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                                Just a Little Nutty
http://followmehome.shellybean.com                          Follow me home . . .
http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/                Stacy Sews and Schools
http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com                              The Sadder But Wiser Girl
http://www.menopausalmom.com/                                 Menopausal Mother
http://mooreorganizedmayhem.blogspot.com/                Moore Organized Mayhem
http://www.theinsomniacsdream.com/                     The Insomniac’s Dream       
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                      Spatulas on Parade
http://www.therowdybaker.com                              The Rowdy Baker    
http://www.trashyblog.com/                                       Trashy Blog
http://dates2diapers2.blogspot.com                            Dates 2 Diapers
http://sorrykidblog.com/                       Sorry kid, Your Mom Doesn’t Play Well With Others

I receive a text from my youngest son "your Christmas present is on the way, it will have my name on it. Don't open it until Christmas"
Really?!? He's in TX, like he's gonna know. I mean come on, I have to sit here missing him and his gift in front of me for almost 3 months? I don't know if I can handle this stress. LOL

Random text  from our oldest sons friend in GA. Who by the way I have not seen or heard from in...oh 10 years.
"Hey guess what?"
ummm what

"I just found out that my family came from Germany and we fought in the Revolutionary War."
Okay. Are you doing your genealogy?
Nope a cousin told me.
that was all, no more, strange

Pet peeve time. Talking with a friend and she says "I seen you at Wal-Marts the udder day" 
In my head, I'm thinking "REALLY" and out my mouth came. "NO you 'saw' me at Wal-Mart.
friend:Yeah I seen you at Wal-Marts
Me: "No. I was not at ALL of them and Wal-Mart is singular.
friend: whatever
grrrr

Here I am walking from one end of the house to the other and back. My husband says "what are you doing?"
Me: I raise my hand to start talking because I talk with my hands and then I say "uh, never mind"
He just shakes his head.
I didn't want to tell him I was looking for my cell phone. It was in my hand.
red face...

We were driving home and discussing some friends and their political views. I said "you know they are part of that tea bag stuff"
dh: laughs You mean tea party
me: laughing- yeah, you know what I mean
dh: yeah but I think I like the tea bag name better, you gonna tell her what you called it?
me: ugh, NO
more laughing 

With modern technology, we are getting more and more dependent on our cell phones. If you want to avoid embarrassments like these, maybe you should call and not text.

We get in the truck, my husband is sitting there looking at me. I'm like "what".
He says: "Nothing. I was looking for my seat belt, but I already hooked it up."
Bahahahaa

More conversations with Miss Sassy Pants, little J my grand daughter:
Oct 6th she turned 3. We were on the phone and I asked her if she was getting ready to go to her moms. And she said "jes"
I said "I see"
J: NO you don't! You not here, you can NO see my mommy!"
LOL

Ms. Sassy Pants had a great birthday and party. Here she is:


She got lots of Doc McStuffin' stuff. She loves that show.

Here she is in her cute dress, however, she topped it with her fairy costume. LOL - she's rotten

She grabs the phone "HEY"
I said "hey, don't be rude and grab the phone from gramma. Okay?"
J: who dis?
Me: who is this?
J: dis is J..., now who is dis?
Me: Mimi Dawn.
J: OH why you no here?
Me: I can't today, I'm at my house.
J: oh, okay bye
phone falls to the floor

On the 5th she had a party at my moms with my sons friends. (he and "baby mama" are not together) and then on the 6th her birthday I spoke with her on the phone.
Me: Hey Happy Birthday
J: IT'S OVER!!! (yelling)
Me: why are you yelling? That's not nice AND today IS your birthday.
J: NO IT NOT! IT'S OVER, ugh..(deep sigh) I keep telling you people it's over. (drops phone)
Picks phone up
J: I had a party and got...blah blah blah
Me: I know and you're having one today at your mommy's house.
J: GRRR NO, IT'S OVER
Me: okay fine, then I'll call your mommy and tell her no party, no presents and no cake.
J: OH NO I going to my mommys howse for pwesents and  can nuhl cake. BYE
drops phone



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment