Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pina Colada Smoothie

I love smoothies and drink them often. Sometimes for breakfast but mostly in the afternoons.

A few weeks ago I was not feeling well and channel surfing on the television. It was afternoon so mostly junk was on. I found Dr. Oz and thought, why not.

He was talking about cravings and how to help keep them at bay. That was something I had really been struggling with. So it caught my attention. He was saying that using pea powder protein each day would help curb the cravings.

I looked it up and it seems that not only is it a great source of vegan protein, those with sensitive digestion system, like me, could benefit from it. So I ordered some.

I have been using it in my smoothies. Now I'll be honest, you DON'T want to drink this in water or in juice as he suggested. YUCK it is very soft chalky powder and does taste like peas. Not green peas. More bean taste. BUT by putting it in a smoothie it isn't so bad. The stronger the flavor of smoothie the less you can taste the powder.

I have experimented with different flavors, it works great in strawberry and is pretty good in this one.

Plus this one is loaded with potassium, Vitamin C, B1, B6 and amino acids. With the different immune issues that I have, these vitamins are very important for me and they help me greatly.


Pina Colada Smoothie
1/2 cup chunk pineapple with juice
1 cup coconut water, organic
1 scoop pea powder protein
1 frozen banana

Place all these items in your blender or Vita-Mix and blitz well. This makes 2 servings. 

I drink one when I make it and store the other in a Ball freezer cup. The next day I take it out and by mid morning it is ready to consume. Shake and drink.

ENJOY!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment