Monday, September 2, 2013

Husband Hash - man food

Happy Monday! I am sure some of you are still enjoying the holiday weekend, traveling back home today and getting ready for work/school tomorrow.

I do hope you travel safe, had a relaxing time and are refreshed, ready and raring to go! Okay, so you are relaxed, maybe not ready to go but at least you had a long weekend, right?

Today I'm sharing a super quick throw together, because that is exactly what I did. I was not feeling well and just threw this together and served it up. My husband loved it and was kind of shocked, because "it's got some heat" which I don't do. He said "you're not planning on eating this are you?"
ugh..Nope.

Not that is wasn't good, it was hot, which I can't do. I made it for him. 


Husband Hash
1/2 lb lean ground chuck
1/2 large onion, diced
2 sweet salad peppers, diced
3-4 cups shredded tri-color slaw mix(you buy it in the bag)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1- 2 tsp red chili flake (or less if you don't want the heat)
2 tsp dry beef broth granules
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce

Cook the meat, onions and peppers in a large skillet with a lid, if you do not use lean meat, drain off the fat. Next add the remaining ingredients, stir well and allow to steam until your vegetables are done to your liking. Ours had a little crunch left.
Quick, easy and filling. Plus you only mess up one pan and you're done in less than 20 minutes.

Not an expensive meal either. 

ENJOY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment