Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall orange cookies...Fill the Cookie Jar

Now with it being September, I'm hoping for cooler weather. Fall or Autumn whichever you call it. I love it.

Cooler temps, bon fires, cook-outs, hot chocolate, hot herbal tea, sitting outside enjoying a breeze, watching the leaves fall...ah yes. I LOVE it.

It also means COOKIE time! I love to bake cookies in the Fall. Warms up the house and makes it smell so nice.

What is your favorite part about Fall and your favorite cookie?

I have so many favorite cookies, let's just say I love them all.

This is one of my favorites that I made for the first time last year. I thought I would share this with all of you and my "Fill the cookie jar" group.




Orange Crinkle Cookies - orange goes with fall
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon orange zest
  • 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line insulated baking sheet with parchment paper. Or use a baking silicone sheet on top of your baking sheet.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Then set it aside. Mixing them together helps to distribute the ingredients. No salt lumps.
  3. In a large bowl for mixing, beat butter and sugar on medium high-speed until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. That's important otherwise your cookies are grainy. Next add vanilla, egg, orange zest, and orange juice. Mix until combined then turn up to medium high for one minute. Scrape down sides of bowl and turn mixer on low. Egg works best if room temperature.
  4. Slowly add the flour mixture just long enough for it to combined.
  5. Place powdered sugar into a small bowl. Measure a heaping teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball then roll it in the powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look dry and crackled. I highly recommend using a silpad sheet or something similar. 
  7. Remove from oven and cool cookies on sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
These cookies are light, crisp and chewy. For me that is the perfect cookie!
ENJOY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment