Friday, September 13, 2013

Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad

In 24 years there has been very few things I have fixed that my husband did not like. There were things he said were "okay" and things that he says he "LOVES" but I still hesitate to feed him some things.

Like yogurt. He's not a fan. Salmon. He could live without it, which is a shame because I love it. Cheese, yes I know, what's wrong with him?! Barbecue sauce, he's not a fan. So I try not to feed him those things, or greatly limit them or sneak them in :) shhh

I really wasn't sure about this salad. I made it, tasted it and was pleased, but he is a 'meataterian' self proclaimed "meat and potatoes" kind of a guy. Here I was feeding him a shrimp salad.

Oh man. I honestly held my breath. He looked at it, looked at me and I quickly said "the chicken is not done, so if you don't like this - just wait a little while and the rest will be done". Which was true. I had a crock pot full of chicken and vegetables ready to be sides. I had planned this salad to be lunch for me but decided to bite the bullet and go ahead. Who knows, right.

He took a bite and said 'what is it', normally not a good sign. I said, shrimp pasta salad. 


It's really good, takes another bite, yeah this is Really good. (he liked my presentation too! Score the Dollar Tree glass)
WOW jaw drops, breath of relief. Seriously? Yes, he loved it! YAY

A 'girl' food, healthy, salad, no red meat dinner! We actually ate this and some watermelon later. The chicken was saved for the next day.

Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad
20 medium shrimp, cleaned and boiled
1 cup mini shell pasta
1 - 6oz cup plain Greek yogurt
3 TBSP mayo
3 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup broccoli slaw
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
2 large green onions
Salt and pepper to taste

I like to cook all in one pot when I can, less clean up. So since I had some shrimp that had been boiled and frozen, so I added those into the pasta along with the frozen peas the last 5 minutes of boiling time.
In a medium sauce pan, add water and allow it to come to a rolling boil. Add your pasta. Depending on the type, cooking time varies. Mine too 8 minutes.

While that was boiling I diced up my vegetables and mixed up the creamy mix.
Drain the pasta, shrimp and peas well. Allow to cool slightly and mix with the creamy mix.
Serve at room temp or place in an air tight container in the fridge.

We had the leftovers the next day for lunch. We both preferred it warm but still enjoyed it cold.

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment