Monday, September 16, 2013

(Almost) PB sweet breakfast muffins

Happy Monday! Yes, happy Monday. It has to come sometime, may as well embrace it and move forward.
On Sunday nights I like to make a list of things that need doing for the week, this helps motivate me on Monday morning. Otherwise, I'm butt dragging till noon!

This past week, I had a few days where no one was home but me. Mr B, my husband, was out of town working. So the evenings get long and boring. I fall into the black hole, also known as the Internet. Mostly Pinterest and Facebook.

While surfing around Pinterest I was inspired by some  recipes and wrote my own version. This one screamed to be made right away. Turned out great and makes a great snack or breakfast.

Here are my "Almost" PB sweet breakfast muffins. Wait, what? Why almost PB you ask? Well, I can no longer eat PB = peanut butter and use WOWbutter. I love it. Taste just like PB but has no nuts! I have made sunflower butter and purchased it as well. It's okay, but this stuff...oh my! Love it.

Almost PB Sweet Breakfast Muffins
2 cups flour, all purpose
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, unsalted room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup WOWbutter (or any nut/seed butter will do)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
These last 2 ingredients are optional if you don't want them, don't add:
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

In a mixing bowl, beat butter, both sugars and WOW butter. Beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, sift you dry ingredients together to blend well. Now add them to the mixing bow. Beat, add egg and vanilla, beat well. Last hand stir in your chips and pecans.
Line your muffin tins (24) with liners or grease well. Add batter and bake at 350* F for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.
Remove when done and cool on a rack.
ENJOY!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment