Monday, August 5, 2013

Surprise BBQ Chicken

Monday is here already. I look forward to it. A new week, new menu, new dishes to create, it always seems promising to me in a way. Most likely because I don't have to put my kids in daycare (they are grown) and I don't have to leave home to go to a job that I can't stand. A blessed woman is what I am.
And as such, I get to spend my days doing what I love to do. Cook.
Here is one of the dishes I created last week. A big winner!

Surprise BBQ Chicken
2 large boneless skinless chicken breast
4-6 slices of bacon, cooked drained and chopped
1 Vidalia onion diced
1-2 TBSP butter
1/2 cup KYVAN sweet BBQ sauce
1/2 cup frozen chopped peaches and pineapple
1 pkg Vigo yellow rice

Prepare the rice according to the package while you finish the rest of the meal.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Cut you bacon and cook with onion in the butter. When it is done toss in the chicken. Cook until done and add the fruit. This will only take a few minutes. Stir in the bbq sauce and allow to simmer 5 minutes so the flavors can blend.
Serve the chicken over the yellow rice.

ENJOY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
linked up at: http://serendipityandspice.com/2013/08/manic-monday-linky-party-85.html

No comments:

Post a Comment